In case you didn't know already, I'm currently re-obsessed with the most wonderful film franchise of all time- the Star Wars saga. And through my space-fantasy addiction, which has led me to many articles online, I uncovered some much-needed advice on how to view Star Wars and not lose the surprise factor/magic. Very simply, to keep the "I am your father" awesomeness fresh, watch the series in this order:
1. Star Wars: Episode IV, A New Hope
2. Star Wars: Episode V, The Empire Strikes Back
3. Star Wars: Episode II, Attack Of The Clones
4. Star Wars: Episode III, Revenge Of The Sith
5. Star Wars: Episode VI, Return of the Jedi
Now, by doing this method, after Darth Vader tells Luke his big secret, you can go back and watch episodes 2 and 3 and take them in as flashbacks/origin stories. Then after 3, we get back into modern times with Jedi. And yes, obviously Episode I, The Phantom Menace was omitted because it is a little stinky (though I like the Darth Maul Vs. Qui-Gon scenes). You're welcome, Planet Earth.
- East Side Dave